Thursday, February 4, 2010

Historical Dignowity Hill


View Dignowity Hill San Antonio in a larger map

All I have is a couple of maps today. I have a much more nuanced appreciation of the central city after all of the reading and mapping and research.

Here is a map of Cruz Ortiz's favorite haunts on the East Side. I actually met one of the co-founders of Sew-Delux and have not had a chance to check out the place. Its on the list ... the list is crazy long and includes a fishing trip to Mission County Park.


View Cruz Ortiz's East Town love in a larger map


I love driving to the west side on Steves Avenue ... from Steves its an easy little jaunt to the river and the Blue Star. I also love using Nolan to hook up to McCullough and San Pedro (okay okay really I mean the Luby's on Main ... Nina loves the jello and I love the ladies in the Sunday hats) ... no trains on Nolan and a fast entry to downtown w/o getting on the freeway.

No comments: